Monday, April 22, 2013

Where's Namazu

4/22/2013 Where's Namazu?

  WHERE'S NAMAZU?  AS USUAL RIGHT IN MANAGEMENT'S FACE

OK BIG GUY YOU HAVE THE FLOOR

Namazu, Giant Japanese Catfish And Former Demigod, Turned Maritime Analyst
 One of the things I admired about American Admiralty Books before I offered my services to them was their obvious freedom from political correctness. I appreciated the need for pen names for many of the staff because after 3,000 years of observation I know how governments work and what can happen to the politically incorrect, or simply non political. I have no issues with the bipeds using pen names. So I read with interest Johnas Presbyter's recent offer to indirectly reveal his true identity to purchasers of a certain book that he was a contributor to. To drum up interest in the book he offered buyers a cryptic revelation of his true identity by identifying to buyers who requested it, the page number where his essay appears under his true name. Frankly I thought that cheapened the whole process of blog contributor identity protection. It looked like a cheap promotional stunt, a sales gimmick. Really I thought it was the cheapest until I noticed that Johnas stuck a book cover icon hyperlink into MY complaint about the tactic. JOHNAS THAT WAS A CHEAP SHOT!


    But I really didn't ask for space today to complain about cheap sales tactics. The "Where's Waldo" tone of the whole thing coupled with the fact that more than 90% of the contributing writers here feel they must use pen names makes me fear for my own credibility with the readers.  SO I ASKED FOR SPACE SO I COULD PUBLICLY DECLARE THAT I DO NOT USE A PEN NAME. I AM NAMAZU AND I AM AS REAL AS A HEART ATTACK.  I said it, I meant it, and I'm here to represent it. Consider this

 (1) As a legend it is common knowledge that I have been around since ancient times. Check this link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Namazu_(Japanese_mythology)  I have been described in Scientific American: http://blogs.scientificamerican.com/history-of-geology/2012/03/10/namazu-the-earthshaker/

(2) There are many images of me dating back hundreds of years.   




(3) I am written about all over the Internet and my image appears often on Internet pages not affiliated or connected with American Admiralty Books or American Admiralty Informational Services in any way.  I am part of a class of well known beings from the vicinity of Japan called Namazu-e, there are books written about us.

Front Cover As I explained in my now famous "DEFENSE OF THE RE-EMPLOYMENT RIGHTS OF FORMER DEMIGODS" which was my response to the Religious Right's objections to my employment as a published analyst I did not chose the job title of "Demigod" that was thrust upon me and the other Namazu-e. We are now, and have always been personifications of forces of nature, in my case coastal earth quakes and tidal waves. We are not specifically "Pagan". I in fact, am a monotheist as I explained in my defense of my reemployment rights. That fact, plus my flawless theology ( I'm a fish I can't be baptized or be "born again", but my existence is defensible, and, well I gotta make a living) seemed to make peace between the Religious Right and myself. Now with all the "hoop la" over Johnas Presbyter making a game out of the fact that he is a real person using a fake name to publish things that his former government employers might not like I feel like I have to defend myself as a real intelligent being.

(4) Since I've been around for about 3,000 years I am not copyrighted, I am not a trade mark, I am not a domain name and can not be made such since my name has been known for thousand's of years, I'm real, I'm independent, I'm part of the public domain, I m a free agent and could write any where for any body. I AM NOBODY'S PEN NAME. 

,  I am as real as a heart attack. I'm Namazu and I approved this message!

PS: Tell Johnas Presbyter or whatever his real name is to stop being so cheap and hire those research assistants I asked for.
2/2013 Reoccurring announcement Maritime TV:  http://www.maritimetv.com/Home.aspx








No comments:

Post a Comment