AMERICAN ADMIRALTY BOOKS
Follow Johnas Presbyter on Twitter, FaceBook, and G-mail
JUNE 6TH...The Longest Day
Today, Saturday Jun 6, 2020 is another anniversary of "D day". A Day that changed the world for the positive.The operations were better known on the day of their occurrence as the " Normandy landings" and were the landing operations and associated airborne operations on Tuesday, 6 June 1944 of the Allied invasion of Normandy in Operation Overlord during World War II. Codenamed "Operation Neptune" and often referred to as "D-Day" these naval landings and airborne operations were the largest seaborne invasion in history. The operation began the liberation of German-occupied France (and later western Europe) and laid the foundations of the Allied victory on the Western Front. (Links above to WIKIPEDIA)
YOUR PORTAL TO THE MARITIME WORLD
AMERICAN ADMIRALTY BOOKS PRIVACY POLICIES NOTICE
THIS NOTICE REQUIRED BY EUROPEAN UNION LAW: THIS SITE DOES NOT DISTRIBUTE "COOKIES" HOWEVER THE SITE "DASHBOARD" (Google) PROVIDER AND NUMEROUS SITES LINKED TO DO. THIS SITE CONTAINS NO TOOL FOR BLOCKING "COOKIES"
"COOKIES NOTICE" : HOW GOOGLE USES DATA:
The most common vendor linked to in these pages is AMAZON:
TAX LIABILITY NOTICE: THIS SITE SELLS NOTHING INCLUDING ADVERTISING, SOME SITES LINKED TO ARE VENDORS. LOUISIANA RESIDENTS AND ANY RESIDENTS OF STATES WITH SIMILAR LAWS ARE ADVISED THAT YOU ARE PERSONALLY LIABLE FOR STATE AND LOCAL SALES TAXES FOR ITEMS PURCHASED OVER THE INTERNET. THESE ARE USUALLY PAYABLE WHEN YOU FILE YOUR STATE INCOME TAX, SEE YOUR RELEVANT STATE TAXING AUTHORITY FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION. THIS SITE GENERATES NO REVENUES AND SELLS NOTHING EVEN WHEN LINKED TO VENDOR SITES. THIS SITE OCCASIONALLY ADVERTISES EVENTS OR OTHER ITEMS WE THINK ARE OF BENEFIT TO MARINE SAFETY OR OTHER PUBLIC INTERESTS BUT NEVER CHARGES FOR SUCH ADVERTISING. CERTAIN FOR PROFIT SITES MAY LINK TO THIS SITE, WE HAVE NO CONTROLS OVER SUCH LINKAGES AND DRAW NO REVENUES FROM SUCH.
OUR MOST SEARCHED FOR POSTS:
Click on: SITE GUIDE AND INDEX then scroll down.
1. To reach the latest daily posts simply scroll down
2. The list of Special interest pages to your right are direct links, simply click on any page of interest. Once there simply scroll down or use the various internal and external links provided
3. NEW VISITOR? Click here for a short video explaining our purpose and mission, a basic site guide, short cuts etc. INTRODUCTION
4. Looking for maritime links? We link to maritime information sites throughout the special interest pages based on the special interest subject. But we also have an indexed collection of most of the world's English language maritime web sites. Click here: THE BIG LINKS LOCKER
5. Looking for past essays by the our top analyst, Namazu, former Japanese Giant Catfish demigod. His stuff is spread all over the blog but we are building an archive so you might want to check there first: EVERYTHING NAMAZU
6. We've been following the aggressive actions of the Chinese Navy and Coast Guard for nearly two years now. We are working on an archive for those posts as well: How Far Will The Dragon Swim?
7. On line books? We have a growing collection for reading on line or use as a reference: Our authoritative literature section is where we are editing, up dating and posting the entire collection of American Admiralty Bureau Guide and Commentators, references that should prove vital to admiralty lawyers working with expert witnesses. This is an on going project but about four complete volumes are on line now: After you enter the Authoritative literature page simply scroll down to the start of the American Admiralty Bureau Guides and Commentators.
AUTHORITATIVE LITERATURE INCLUDING AAB PUBS. We also have our popular serial posts on the parallels between space exploration and the earlier age of maritime exploration originally published as a serial blog post under the continuing title "SPACE AS AN OCEAN" and now posted as an E-Book in Progress titled PROTOCOLS: Click into our MARITIME LITERATURE page and scroll down until you see the words "E Book In Progress". Then you may continue to scroll down to read as many of the essays as you like. Each one is complete in and of its self so you could red the entire collection painlessly by reading just one a day, about five thought provoking minutes. To view the essays click here: MARITIME LITERATURE, Including PROTOCOLS. We also have in our MERCHANT MARINE INTEREST SECTION the National Mariner's Association book: BLOOD ON BROWN WATER. Just enter the MERCHANT MARINE INTEREST SECTION and scroll down: MERCHANT MARINE INTEREST: "BLOOD ON BROWN WATER"
8. Book Reviews: Are sorted via the special interest pages, just click on any of the special interest pages in the column margin to your right to select a subject area. Book reviews are spread throughout each section along with links to free videos on the pertinent subject, links to specialized web sites on the subject etc. Each book review will have a link to a site where you can obtain additional information or possibly purchase the book. If you are interested in a library loan look for the International Book Binding Number (ISBN) either in our review or at the linked site. The ISBN number is a big aid when your librarian has to arrange an inter library loan.
9. Need Boat Building Plans? Links to designers with building plans are in the BOAT BUILDING section. BOAT BUILDING SECTION