THE NAVY NOW SAYS THE BOOK NO EASY DAY CONTAINS CLASSIFIED INFORMATION
We had hoped that we had already published our last words on this book. It just seems that no one involved in the take down operation agrees on how it was done, exactly. But mostly it seems that no one can agree on what it all means. Our view is that all boils down to a few key points.
- Osama Bin Laden is now dead as a stone and has been converted to fish food. This is good.
- The White House gave the word to the media too soon and we lost a lot of the intelligence benefit of the raid as the Osama wanna bees went to ground. This is not good.
- Terminating the Terrorist in Chief created a very temporary gap in terrorist leadership. If we had rounded up all of the potential successors that we received leads on via the raid, that still would have been only a temporary gap, new career terrorist spring up all the time. It's something of a growth industry.
- The Navy now says the book contains classified information. We doubt it. We've been there our selves. It is difficult to comprehend a professional military man who wouldn't understand when he was crossing that line. The services claim to be able to control "all of the writings" of all retired and active members "except fiction" is more of an institutional goal than a legal reality. The military claim to control any and all writings by active, former, and retired members has been judged repression of free speech when court tested. Claims that classified material was revealed usually stand constitutional muster and are the preferred initial charge to avoid dismissal on their face. Only when dismissal is delayed through at least a few depositions, and hearings can the government impose serious legal defense expenses on their intended target. The goal is punishment for failure to say "may I?" A charge of revealing classified information imposes those legal fees every time.
- The two rival books on the operation and their authors are becoming the actual story. This is all about a brass hat snit fit and book hawking. Really we should be ashamed of our selves but..........
GET YA SEAL BOOKS RIGHT HERE FOLKS! FRESH SEAL BOOKS, RIGHT HERE! HURRY BEFORE THEY RUN OUT!
The book cover icon link will take you to the new book. The long link will take you to an entire page of books on the same subject.